Monday, September 6, 2010

Lake Del Valle


IMG_0357

A lot of people headed out to Lake Del Valle on Labor Day weekend to enjoy the sun & water. It was also a great way to spend quality time with the family.

IMG_0056

We did the same & went fishing. We rented a boat and explored the huge lake.

IMG_0116
"Lake Del Valle is located in Central Alameda County, about five miles south of the City of Livermore in the Arroya del Valle. The lake and dam are part of the California State Water Project. It was created in 1968 as part of the South Bay Aqueduct part of the State Water Project. The lake serves in part as off-stream storage for the South Bay Aqueduct. The capacity of the lake is 77,000 acre feet but normally stores 37,000 to 52,000 acre feet. The lake is a popular destination for hikers, bikers and boaters."-wikipedia.org
IMG_0161

The lake is planted with channel catfish, rainbow trout, bass, bluegill, redear sunfish and chinook salmon.

IMG_0166

I didn't know if it was because there were too many boats in the lake (free fishing day) or too many people in the water but almost all of the folks we met along the way, including us, didn't catch anything. If they did, it was 1 or 2 bluegills. Oh well, better luck next time.

IMG_0174

I prepared our lunch of roasted chicken, adobo, pancit & meatballs.

IMG_0243

Decided to cool off and had a swim in the water.
It was a fun-filled day.

IMG_0304

Join us at
to see more watery images.

13 comments:

  1. The lake looks lovely, but your lunch looks fabulous - making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty scenery and enjoyable company with friends and family!!

    TREE Drifting Ashore at Sunrise

    Hope your Wednesday has treated you well and you can find time to visit with me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...those meatballs look delicious! That's a good idea for tommorow's lunch!!!
    I love sea and fishing! And all the bloggers this week remind me of how much I miss my island and sea...It seems that everybody was near the sea but me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful place to spend some time with the family.
    Costas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that looks like a lot of fun!! The mountain around the lake is awesome too. Great shot!
    Waterdrops

    ReplyDelete
  6. My limited experience in fishing tells me that fishes don't bite when it's hot (noontime or so). Best to go early morning or sunset.

    Fun. Never been there. Too hot around Livermore that I do not venture that far :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are looking for a place to go camping, fishing this looks like a wonderful place to try. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great place for a day on the lake -- the scenery is beautiful. If I were there today, I would definitely cool off the same way you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. E-mail ol' «Louis» some of your adobo, please! He likes adobo and you've made him hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never done fishing all my life, and I wish I could do that sport. Beautiful and the water is so cool to ease off the hot temps. Everyone's enjoy our Filipino dishes!

    Hehehehe, mingaw na kaayo diri, murag wala koy inspiration mag blog....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Olá, belas fotografias...Espectacular....
    Cumprimentos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a wonderful day on the lake. Food looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!