Sunday, April 11, 2010

Steam Train


103_8616b

Last Saturday, we went to Tilden Park to try out the miniature steam train. The Redwood Valley Railway is a ridable miniature railroad that uses 5" scale model live steam locomotives on a 15 in (381 mm) narrow gauge track. Tickets for adults and children are $2 but children under 2 years old can ride free.

"Located just off of Grizzly Peak Drive, the Tilden Park steam trains provide an enjoyable twelve minute ride through woodland and chaparal, with views of Tilden Park and San Pablo bay." - Leonard G. Barton
103_8568b

Scale model cabose at the end of train.

103_8594b

"TOOOT TOOOT" Everyone fascinated with the steam.

103_8590b

Approaching the tunnel.

25280b

103_8570b

103_8614b

After the train ride, we went hiking at Seaview Trail. I was behind a couple of times because I stopped to take photos. The guys hid behind this tree and tried to startle me but I spied them just in time. Took a photo of them instead. sengihnampakgigi

103_8645

Right after this, we saw a fox cross the road. It was my first time to see a wild fox. It happened so fast, I didn't have time to reach for my camera. Oh, I wish I did get just one capture but just seeing it was an awesome experience by itself. It's now etched in my mind. A perfect ending to a wonderful day. senyum

103_8657b

(Travel all over the world by clicking icon.)

15 comments:

  1. Shey: Fun post and neat photos from the train ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I want to go to this train ride! It is so cool!!!

    The steam coming out is like a fog!

    When you come this way or if I come that way, we will sure meet up and do some fun and adventures! Looking forward to that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and wonderful!
    Thank you for sharing you world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love trains. I have a small model set up in Kentucky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a wonderful place to visit. I enjoyed the pictures of the train and I think I would enjoy taking a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boys will surely enjoy a train ride like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miniature Steam trains are just great fun to take a ride on, we have one of them in Picton too, but very much smaller, mainly for children though i have been for a ride on it! Your miniature steam train is a really good one so large you can get inside the carriages. Your right everyone is fascinated by steam engines. I would just love to take this train through the tunnel and the scenery. My steam train post is of a fullsize restored working train.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those trains, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful place to visit! My little boy and hubby are train enthusiasts. Great shots.

    Thanks sa visit. Oo oi,bisdak sad ko..hehe. Nice meeting you here in the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to hang around with you guys. You do fun things in the Bay area.

    I think I need to get out more...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so funny ! you certainly spend a beautiful day !

    ReplyDelete
  12. how cute! looks like fun :) thanks for visiting my blog!

    leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The park looks like a delightful place to spend a day! Great shots of the train!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!