Saturday, August 1, 2009

Elusive Hummingbird


ros

I love watching hummingbirds. I haven't seen many this summer, so I decided to buy salvia plants.

Last Sunday, we bought the blue variety called Salvia guaranitica or an anise-scented sage. After 2 minutes of arranging it in the balcony, a brave hummingbird sampled its nectar immediately even if I was just a meter away from it. I called hubby and we watched it together. Alas, we didn't get to record the wondrous occasion that day. But it's imprinted in our minds.


Just in case it showed up when I was home, I readied the camera in the kitchen on video mode. Finally, I got a chance yesterday afternoon. I was so ecstatic! It was so fast but I managed to capture it for a few seconds through the screen door. So here, I'm sharing the joy with you. Enjoy!



The Native Americans believe that the hummingbird is the creature that opens the heart.


"When we assume hummingbird consciousness, our life becomes a wonderland of sensuous delights. We live for beauty, delighting in flowers, aromas, fine mist, and delicate tastes. When it becomes our totem, the hummingbird teaches us to laugh and enjoy the creation, to appreciate the magic of being alive, and the truth of beauty. Hummingbirds awaken us to the beauty of the present moment."-http://hummingbirdworld.com



(To see more animals/ critters or join in the fun, click badge below.)



Camera Critters

8 comments:

  1. I love hummingbirds too. We only have a few around the house. The other day I rescued one from the garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic video of the hummingbird. :) It does require lots of patience and lots of digital photos to capture a good photo of them. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! Great pictures and great video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hummingbirds are so much fun to watch:) --you're very lucky! thanks for sharing..

    tula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these.
    To watch hummingbirds must be awesome.
    I've never seen one yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, and I enjoy seeing the hummingbird in your video! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello all
    store is open ilovehummers.com
    im a photographer of hummis , have yard 20x30 and 600 hummis . 100 more photos here
    http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/myshot/gallery/7873
    hope you come and see.;;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!