Sunday, August 9, 2009

Communing With Nature


Ah, it's been awhile since I've posted here. I've just wanted to chill out and take a break. But here I am now after a few days. It just shows I can't stay away too long from blogging. I miss interacting with my online friends.

One of the most relaxing activity for me is going for a hike with hubby and communing with nature. (Not forgetting the camera, of course. sengihnampakgigi) It's a way of releasing your negative energy and renewing your spirit.


Last Sunday, we went to the Regional Parks Botanic Garden in Berkeley.
"It's a naturally beautiful and tranquil living museum of California native plants. This enchanting 10-acre garden is a sanctuary for many of the state's rare and endangered plants and a place for visitors to wander among trees, shrubs, flowers, and grasses from plant communities throughout the state. Since the garden's establishment in 1940, its collection has grown to include thousands of plant species and varieties, many identified with interpretive labels. "-http://www.nativeplants.org


There's a scheduled tour of the garden throughout the day
and this group is waiting for the tour guide.


Majestic Redwoods.






Our Weekend Memoirs

Click on the badge to join us & share your weekend!

ros

13 comments:

  1. It's been 6 years since I've been to CA, actually my eldest son was born in Contra Costa Medical and yes,the botanic Garden is one of my favorite place and I'm hoping to visit CA again someday.
    Nice picture and you are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shey,

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. The botanical garden is one place I really wanted to spend my early morning rituals, which are walk, jog, run!
    And it looked like you both were having a good time, roaming around. Thanks for sharing.

    AL

    ReplyDelete
  3. There seems to be meeting of out mindd because I have been thinking of you today, wondering what you have been up to. Thanks for sharing us your monumental weekend memoirs. I can live with your kind of nature tripping. The foliage archway was very nicely taken. All of them actually, including the cute and she does look saxy and sweet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did we have mental telepathy? We went to the Huntington Gardens last Saturday. And this time we went with a guided tour. Although we do not have the majestic redwoods, we went to the Desert Gardens, and a big mistake! It was scorching hot.
    Well, just like you, can't get away too long from blogging. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shey, such a great place for hiking. I agree that negative spirits can be renewed in places like this. :)

    Happy Monday and thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shey,
    I've been taking frequent breaks from blogging too this summer. Hard to sit still in front of a computer screen when it's so beautiful out.
    Speaking of beautiful, I always look forward to checking in and seeing your photos. I agree the archway photo is especially fantastic. Just want to walk right through it.
    By the way, I commented on a previous post that I had not seen a rainbow in years, well that week I saw two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love nature walks. The Redwoods are gorgeous. I noticed the ferns adorning the ground. They're very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good gosh Shey, where HAVE you been? I've been waiting for more of your photos of food and flowers and to tell you about my new blog.

    Also about food, well sort of. Hope you can stop by but I'm sure you're doing something super fun while I'm sitting here blogging....ugh.

    http://brilliantspread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shey, hope you did have a good break too 'coz I really did get one. I was away for almost a month and it was good to realize that I can make it with or without internet...and have lessened my attachments. I really wish you could get hold of the book list I had on my page, very great reads and so many things to learn from them. Ayo-ayo diha and ingna ko ug gusto ka ug copy on some of the books. Tagaan taka online, hahahah...ssshhh!

    BTW, i love the first shot of the pathway and yes being one with nature is one of the best things we can do to stay grounded. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the first photo... makes me want to walk right down that bridge! All the best to you~ Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous pictures! thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos! it must have been a great hike.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!