Sunday, July 12, 2009

Super - Spectacular Day



Our Weekend Memoirs

Click on the badge to join us & share your weekend!

ros

We went shopping yesterday at Bayfair Center in San Leandro. We needed energy, so we fueled our bodies first with Garlic Philly Cheese Steak. The meat was so tender, spicy and (of course) garlicky.



We bought a crock-pot so we can make home-made Italian beef and pulled pork. YAHEY! We also bought a blender, pepper mill plus salt mill, bigger tank for Levi, and a salvia de otono with pink flowers. After this, we still have moolah left from the wedding anniversary present that sis-in-law gave us. More shopping later! Thanks a lot, Jules!


I used our new blender right away and made banana milkshakes
topped with cinnamon. Turned out "mmmmm". Hubby loved it!



Freshly ground peppers are awesome and we're so excited to use this mill.


Hubby transferred our fiddler crab, Levi to his new and bigger digs.
He will have more company next week.



The day ended with a super fabulous rainbow right at our gates!


WOHOOOO! We were so happy because it's been a long time since we've seen a huge and vivid rainbow. On top of that.....it was a DOUBLE RAINBOW! ( huge, huge smiles sengihnampakgigimenari dance, dance) Double opportunity to find a pot of gold.



The rainbow lasted for half an hour and we watch it until it faded.
Definitely a super- spectacular day!

10 comments:

  1. It definitely was s super spectacular day! Thanks for taking us along with you. It was fun, and beautiful pics as usual! Love, make that double love the rainbow pics! And you look so happy, nice to see you on the blog again. Have a great week.

    Yummy -- those banana milkshakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow shey, you had a full and fun weekend. Congrats on your new loots. The blender reminds me that i should get one for my mom so that she can blend fresh veggies.and hey i just love the rainbow. :)

    Thank you so much for playing this week. See ya again in the next issue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shey, first of all I would like to thank you for visiting and leaving comment on my blog.

    I see you got a very wonderful weekend and it ended well with a view of the rainbow, the photos are nice.

    AL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'll say that was sure a spectacular day! As wonderful as everything in the entry is I keep scrolling back up to the food on top - it looks so good! Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you'll visit again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwowee! Its double the fun and celebration. Happy belated wedding anniversary! Aha, that was what the trip to Chicago was all about . I also love my blender, but I mix my banana shake with berries and some protein powder. I have never seen as beautiful rainbows and lasting for an hour! That's what I love the Bay area. Thanks for your post, and very beautiful pictures! We made it to our first issue and hope to grow more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! it's a long time too since I've last seen a rainbow in double. Lucky you! love that banana shake and please try to add mango. So delish. Thanks shey sa visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. double rainbow,twice the fun!

    thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing the double rainbow was the highlight of my weekend too. Wasn't it so perfect? I've been here in 16 years and only saw a rainbow once. That's how rare they are and with a double rainbow, wow. I shoulda bought lotto ticket :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic day. Love the stuff you got after the garlicky meal and the rainbow that left you a pot of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the rainbow pictures! Double rainbows? What a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!