Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sew Fantastic!


Pangga surprised me with a gift last Friday. One that I've really wanted for a long time. It's a sewing machine! He is "sew" fantastic and "sew" thoughtful. sengihnampakgigi


SURPRISE! celebrate

I love it! I've been wanting to sew and alter some clothes but it's too tiresome to do it by hand. The biggest "project" that I managed to do last year was a simple blouse for the RenFaire. I totally just hand-stitched this, so it took me awhile to finish it. (More photos of the blouse here.)


Now that I'm learning to use my sewing machine, I will
be able to make more costumes or alter clothes faster.


Giving my CS-6000i some lovin' hugggie. peluk
More BIG HUGS to Hubby, of course. Thanks B!

Description:
"Sew like a pro with this Brother 100 Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine. You get 60 built-in stitches which perform 100 stitch functions. Perfect for all your sewing needs, from making clothes to quilting to decorative and heirloom sewing.

* 60 pre-programmed stitches which perform 100 stitch functions, including utility, decorative, heirloom and quilting;
* Super-wide (7mm) zigzag and decorative stitches;
* Automatic needle threading;
* One-touch start/stop/reverse operations;
* Operates with or without foot control."


I'm "sew" excited!

My sister said I sounded like my mom now with all the sewing, cooking & gardening I do. Well, all I've got to say is, "Thanks a lot, Ma! I've really learned a lot from you. "


Our Weekend Memoirs

Click on the badge to join us & share your weekend!

celebrate

7 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I just talked to my Mom about sewing the other day.
    I would love to be able to do it, but I'm just plain too stupid.
    Those machines hate me. :D
    Glad you got your wish granted.
    You seem to be able to make lovely clothes, I love that blouse!!
    Wishing you a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I can learned how to sew as well, because looking for alteration shops here is not only hard but also expensive.good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowowee! I had to see the other photo on the other link post! You are "sew" talented! For all that patience hand sewing this outfit is just so remarkable for you. Hehehe! I can sew only straight stitch, maybe curtains and pillowcases. Enjoy and make the most out of it. Maybe in the next RenFaire, you will have a stall! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow shey, am sewww excited for you. I can feel your excitement having that gift from the wonderful person you have in your life. Hala cg banat na diha ug panahi! Sewing by a machine is one thing i wanna learn, too!

    Thank you for joining us this week.

    Mine is now up. See ya around! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salamat/ Thanks ninyo tanan! I'm "sew" thankful for all your comments and dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow ... good for you! i never learned how to use our sewing machine (ang karaan nga model, :D ), but my sisters did. tapulan kaayo ko, hahaha.

    thanks kaayo sa pagbisita! :X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new machine. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!