Friday, June 12, 2009

World Wide Web



I haven't been posting regularly since I cleaned and rearranged our bookshelves. I've discovered plenty of unread books and have been going through most of it whenever I got the chance. At the moment, I'm mesmerized with Charles De Lint's Newford characters. I got hooked on it (years before and more so now), that I even forget to go online sometimes or don't go through my recent photographs. (Shocking for a shutterbug!)

Charles de Lint's Newford is a fictional North American city, the setting in many of his urban fantasy stories. He writes about the presence of magic and mysterious beings in a contemporary setting. It's not all riddled with fairytale stories and happily-ever-afters but it mostly relates the struggle of individuals in the modern world; the choices they make and the mysteries that may or may not surround us. It just depends on how you perceive the world. So, if you're into sci-fi or modern fantasy genre, his books are for you.

I'm reading "Spirits in the Wires" right now and it talks about the world wide web and the internet. This reminded me of how thankful I am that we have this medium to enable us to communicate with anyone and everyone in all corners of the world. This is the reason why I'm online now. I decided to allocate time for my other hobbies too, and that includes blogging.

The internet never fails to amaze me every time I talk to my family in the Philippines or connect with friends (like you) that I've crossed paths in this cybernetic road. The world in the tips of our fingers: feels like magic to me.


A pretty princess: my niece.


Chatting during my birthday.


My best friend and her cutie-pie son. Also during my birthday.


Chika-chika with my beautiful sister and loving mom.
Me and hubby with big smiles (below).

3 comments:

  1. you just reminded me of the books that was also left unread on my shelf..

    The internet is really amazing.. it made communication much cheaper and more convenient.. this brought us nearer to our relatives who lives at the other side of the world.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I guess I am am the shy type, I don't like webcams although now the communication is really at the your fingertips! I used to remember long time ago, I have to call Cebu operator to dial for me Dumaguete! Now we text!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's soooo nice to take time out and read a book. I have lots of books that I have started and am dying to finish, but lately I just read one page and fall asleep. Not sure if it's my nutty kids or my age....

    Your niece is beautiful. Exactly how I keep in touch with my nieces and family on the East coast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!