Sunday, May 31, 2009

Party!




We were invited to a birthday party.

When we arrived at the location, it seemed like
we were transported to a magical place.


Roses and cherry blossoms in full bloom, different kinds of plants I can't name
but equally fascinating, a towering pine tree and a majestic redwood tree.
WOW! Right in the heart of an urban location. I'm in awe.



Of course, the shutterbug couldn't resist capturing all these beauty.
For more photos, click here.



Reminds me of Charles de Lint books were you can sense magic
in contemporary times. Someday, I want to live in a place like this.


Deliciousness laid out in the table. I made the lumpia that's in the middle.
I will post the recipe next time.



YUMMINESS all around!


One friend brought venison. I was so excited to try it since it was my first time.
It was hhhmmm, good. Tasted like lamb, in my opinion.


This is the birthday celebrant's amazing set-up in the patio. We watched
Star Trek: Of Gods and Men and another fan-produced film.
They were decent films and fun to watch.


Ta da! The birthday celebrant.
Happy Birthday!


Watching sci-fi movies. I like our crowd!


Birthday celebrant with his childhood friend,
who owns the beautiful & magical location.


It was getting cold outside, so we transferred to the living room.


Carving the venison. He hunted it himself. Cool!


Fun crowd!


We enjoyed hanging out with them and didn't realize that time passed by quickly. We were stuffed and happy. We got to bring home some food with us too. Awesome! Felt like I went to a Filipino fiesta.

Thanks a lot to the birthday celebrant and our new acquaintances.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Some party. I think I should move house. No one round here does those kinds of parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what an awesome place and yummy food! Looks like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the garden. It's just my style-- a controlled lush wildness. No neat suburban lawns for me.
    I'm a recovering Martha Stewart wannabe. Thought every single thing from the rooms to the foods in my house needed to be perfect to invite anyone in. Now I know its having the friends to invite that's important.
    I love your posts. Just want to step into the photos and hang out for awhile. I included your blog in a recent post describing my very favorite every-day-living blogs.
    And I also made your empanadas as my contribution to my mom's birthday buffet. It was fun and something different to bring. They were yummy, but definately not as pretty as yours. Takes technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and delicious! Looks like a Filipino fiesta indeed. Lots of food and "to go" too. Your friend has a beautiful garden, and house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! That yard is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!