Tuesday, May 12, 2009

CELEBRATION! Yeah!

May 8

After months of review and waiting for my permit to take the test, I finally passed and obtained my license! YAY!

I was afraid to go online to check my result and dreaded opening the mailbox. Finally got the courage to check our mail Friday afternoon. They said that if you failed, you'll get a huge brown envelope and that's what I saw when I opened the box. Oh, crap! I was already feeling sad about it and threw the mail on the couch. After 10 minutes or so, I finally decided to take a look at it. And to my great surprise... TA DA!...I was staring at my license. I was so happy I cried and screamed at the same time. I was like that when I called Hubby. He thought at first that I failed because I was crying so hard. He had a meeting in his office with a manager who also thought there was something wrong because my scream was so loud. OOpppss. gelakguling

Hubby came home with champagne, opened it and sprayed it on me.
LOL! It was fun!


Glug-Glug-Glug. The plan was to get happy drunk.
I don't hold alcohol well, so one or two glasses will do that easily. LOL!


YAHOOOO!



I took my exam on the 24th; my cubicle was # 24; and when Hubby bought
dinner and wine that night, without minding the prices, the total was $24 even!
So totally amazing, isn't it!


HAPPY, SO HAPPY. It felt like a huge thorn
was removed from my chest. I'm so relieved.
Called my family by this time already.


Celebratory drink.
Cheers to my family and friends in my thoughts.



Feast for two. Happy tummy. lapar



More wine: affordable white zin, one of my favorites.


My thanks to all who were there for me and believing in me. To my Mama and Nang Zoi who were always praying for my success, also to St. Philomena and St. Therese. cium

Most of all I'm thankful for my loving Hubby who's so thoughtful and supportive all the time. love

THANK YOU ALL!

ros

10 comments:

  1. i''ll have a glass of wine for you too!!!!!congrats.....you deserve it. nice things happen to nice people, take care my friend...jack c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Well done. By the way, your food pictures always make me hungry. Yours is not a 'diet' site, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot, Jack! :D

    You take care too and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Fran!

    LOL! I have a hard time getting fit too. I try to balance it with exercise because I love food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Shey! You truly know how to celebrate don't you? You are very photogenic too. I avoid having my photo taken at all costs.

    I think I will celebrate as well, just bought a bottle of wine and need an excuse to have a glass....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations and all the best for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! licensing for what? Great shots and I love the food photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, guys! It's my RN license. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you! It's awesome when great things happen for great people who deserve it. I'm sure you will be a fantastic nurse.
    Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!