Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Smell of Spring


I wrote this poem after our afternoon walk. Just couldn't resist taking pictures of the beautiful flowers.

It's a shame I don't know their names. Can anyone help me out? sengihnampakgigi

ros Lionmother said:

"I think the first picture is azaleas, the 2nd one is yellow daisies, the 3rd and 4th are periwinkles, the 5th is probably pink geraniums, the 6th is a hibiscus, the 7th are white daisies. I might be wrong, but i'm sure about 2,3,4, 5 and 7."

Thanks for your help!menari

For more of my spring photos: Sheystrides Flicker






Photo below: I think that's called a Gumamela in the Philippines and named Hibiscus here.


12 comments:

  1. I just love how you typed the poem onto the flower image! It adds such a special touch! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pics, and you are sooo talented! Have a fabulous Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem! I am the worst person in the world at identifying flowers ( I ask my mother every year to name the flowers in her garden and I never remember them )--I just know which ones I like. Your photos make me want to go on a long Spring walk!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. ;)) Oh, thanks a bunch! I try to "stop and smell the flowers" as much as I can. I'm glad I don't have any allergies.

    Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shey,
    I understand how only a poem can express the feelings you had among these flowers. They are beautiful!!

    I think the first picture is azaleas, the 2nd one is yellow daisies, the 3rd and 4th are periwinkles, the 5th is probably pink geraniums, the 6th is a hibiscus, the 7th are white daisies. I might be wrong, but i'm sure about 2,3,4, 5 and 7.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed yours very much. Hope this helped.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D Thanks for your help lionmother! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice poem! those flowers are lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the poem. It snowed at my house today! I am longing for spring, and my bright, happy flowers!

    Xazmin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah! Glad that lionmother could help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys! I too am glad for lionmother's help.

    Xasmin, I hope you get some sun very soon and blooming flowers too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!