Sunday, March 15, 2009

IT Woes


My hubby thought he could finish the updates needed for the computers yesterday. He was wrong. Connecting all computers to the alternative Linux log-in server needed complicated work and more time. I'm not familiar with IT linguistics and what goes into fixing a PC network, all I know is that it takes a lot of patience.

Instead of our usual relaxing Sunday, we had to wake up early to meet the Linux expert at his office. I could have stayed home on a rainy and cold day but I wanted to give moral support to my hubby while working on a weekend.

The tired IT Director at 5:30 p.m. I was praying they would get more positive results soon. I took this picture in the hopes of making him smile a bit (didn't last long).


I just wanted to say that I know he will get through this even if he feels it's difficult at the moment. I believe in him and I'm so proud. I believe his IT team glues the whole company together. M.V.P!


Finally done for the day at 6:30 p.m. Got enough PCs connected to keep work going on Monday. Left "DO NOT PANIC" notes on the desks of managers and early working agents. Then enjoyed comfort food (burger, fish & chips) and IPA at Murphy's.

2 comments:

  1. Aaahhh! Things are much better now. Everyone is working smoothly. I needed to discover a another tweek to make login/logout happen faster. Got that sorted out and that means another sweep and settings change through all the machines. It's not such a big deal since everyone is able to work. So I can do this at my leisure *sigh* Haven't had leisure in a looonnggg time.

    At least today, I have the time to put on Pandora.com and listen to some Chicago and Tower of Power :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally deserve to chill out! :-* :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!