Here are this week’s four questions:
1. What’s your favorite cereal?
2. What do you use to flip food on the stove?
Chopsticks, fork or tongs whichever is available.
3. What’s your favorite type of donut?
Glazed chocolate. Yummy!
4. Share a rice recipe.
Literal translation: "hot rice". Filipino Congee Recipe perfect for rainy days or when you have a cold.
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 2 tbsp. minced garlic
* 1/2 medium onion, sliced
* 2 pieces deboned chicken thighs, sliced thinly
* 1 cup cooked rice
* 3 cups water
* a dash of salt, pepper & thyme
* 1 medium ginger, sliced
* 2 stalks spring onions
* 1 kalamansi or lemon
1. Heat oil, then sauté garlic and sliced onion until slightly browned.
2. Add the chicken, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes and then cover for about 8 minutes until cooked & its juices come out.
3. Add rice, water and ginger. Season with salt, pepper and thyme according to preference.
4. Adjust stove to low heat, cover pot and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes until a creamy consistency is reached.
5. Stir occasionally so that rice won't stick to the bottom.
6. If it becomes too thick, add water.
7. Garnish with spring onions. Squeeze kalamansi or lemon on top.