Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Colour Me Green


The color green is strongly connected with Ireland especially on Saint Patrick's Day. It also signifies growth, life and renewal. So, I could totally understand why the Irish chose green as their national color.

I didn't know that St. Paddy's Day is widely celebrated here in America until my husband told me. He has a bit of Irish blood in him, so we have the mandatory drink of Guinness to celebrate the occasion. I also like the fact that whenever it's celebrated it reminds me that spring is near. I always welcome the time when the scenery's greener and the flowers are in bloom.

I got inspired thinking about this, so I took some photos of my plants. Viva life and renewal!



This Phalaenopsis was in full bloom last December when Darrell gave it to us. I'm so excited that it is getting ready to bloom again!









(Click photos to enlarge.)








Our fresh herbs
(chives and green onions) which kept growing since last summer.

5 comments:

  1. Great post....love the Renewal too.
    Great herb garden....mmmm green onions..MY favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers, herbs, and other green plants are a perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
    Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. I love the history and the pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by ghostposts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!