Eastern Bluebird - “The eastern bluebird (Sialia sialis) is a small bird found in open woodlands, farmlands, and orchards. This species measures 16–21 cm long, spans 25–32 cm...
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
It was in Illinois when I first saw deviled eggs. I asked Pangga, "What's that?". He told me what it was and I tasted it. MMMMmmmm... It was love at first taste.
Pangga felt like making deviled eggs today and he reminded me of that scene in Illinois. He said deviled eggs are easy to make and showed me how.
This recipe is good for two persons. You can adjust ingredients if you plan to make more.
* 2 eggs
* 2 Tbsp miracle whip or mayonnaise
* 1 Tsp minced onion
* 1 Tsp capers
* Salt and pepper to taste
* a dash of Thyme, Dill weed, & Paprika
1. First hard boil the eggs. Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water to prevent egg whites from leaking out if any of the shells crack.
2. Drain hot water from pan and run cold water over the eggs. Let it cool for awhile.
3. Peel the eggs and slice lengthwise in half.
4. Gently remove the yolk and place in mixing bowl. Set white halves on serving plate.
5. Mash up the yolks and add miracle whip (we prefer this), onion, capers, a dash of thyme & dill weed. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
6. Spoon egg yolk mixture into the egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
Dinner of mashed potato, salad and steak with a deviled egg. Perfect!