Thursday, February 21, 2008

Valentine's Day


Feb 14


Love, Sweet Love.



This is a verse from the poem my Pangga made for me on Valentine's Day:

Of all the things I could do
I think this one is the best
To give my love at your behest
And always be in love with you!




We went to Gaylord's India Restaurant for dinner. It's the oldest restaurant in the Embarcadero Center located in the San Francisco Financial District.


Pangga and I both love Indian food! For drinks, we had Bengal tiger and Mango Lassi. Bengal tiger is a blend of tropical dark and light rums with orange and pineapple juices and float cherry brandy on the brim, while mango Lassi is a yogurt shake with Mango puree which they serve chilled with crushed ice.


For SHURUAT (Appetizer) we decided on assorted Tandoori Hors D'Oeuvres. It is an assortment of chicken tandoori and tikka, booti kabab & seekh kabab (lamb) . Tandoori Chicken is marinated in yogurt, ginger, garlic and spices, while seekh kabab is minced lamb mixed with onions, herbs and spices and roasted. It was served sizzling at our table. (KALAMI!)

For the main course, we had Nan stuffed with garlic and spices; Basmati Rice with vegetable salad; Karahi Gosht ( stir fried lamb cooked with bell peppers, onions and tomatoes) ; and Prawns Pepper Masala (prawns cooked with fresh green peppers, onions and spices) . They placed the stir fried lamb and prawns on top of a small burner, keeping it hot throughout dinner.



We didn't get to eat all of our food, so we had leftovers to take home. Their food was delicious, the service excellent. I'm glad Pangga and I went there early because the place started to fill up around eight in the evening. I would rate this restaurant five (5) stars based on the food and service. We're definitely going back!

You can make a reservation online. Their restaurant website is: http://www.gaylords1.com/menudinner.htm




Of all the things I could do
What would be best?
My time that I invest
All other things I eschew

Hold my breath 'til I'm blue?
To show I would pass the test
And be better than all the rest
I'll be cool with a different hue

Maybe take you to the zoo?
Watch the monkey puff his chest
Listen to the birds sing in jest
Then ride atop a Gnu!

Of all the things I could do
I think this one is the best
To give my love at your behest
And always be in love with you!

(E.A Wicklund 02/14/08)
to S.C.S




Ready for my dinner date.




It was a beautiful night and the weather cooperated. The photo below is a mix of feathers and cotton debris from the "Pillow Fight" which the city hosts every Valentine's day at the city park. It practically covered the sidewalks and station near the park where it was held.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!