Saturday, February 16, 2008

SGI Health Toso: Everyday Changes for a Healthier Lifestyle

Feb 9


Our friend Darrell invited me to give a presentation during their Health Toso at SGI. I was happy to accept. It reminded me of my time as a clinical instructor in the Philippines. The main focus of the presentation is about making everyday changes for a healthier lifestyle.

Soka Gakkai International (SGI) is a lay Buddhist association pursuing the values of peace, culture and education; committed to fostering within individuals a sense of responsibility for the shared global community.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo (Nam-m'yo-ho-wren-geh-k'yo): Nichiren taught people to chant the words Nam-myoho-renge-kyo to bring out the Buddha inside them. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo means “I devote my life to the Wonderful Law of the Buddha’s Lotus Flower teaching."

SGI website: http://www.sgi-usa.org/



Full support from my Pangga (above) and my friend Darrell (below).



This is the topic outline. Please click on the photo to enlarge.




After the presentation, Patricia gave me a lovely book by Daisaku Ikeda (SGI President): Humanism and the Art of Medicine. I also took pics of the nice bookmarks that Darrell gave for mementos. Inscribed therein are these inspirational words:

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt
"Never, Never, Never Quit" - Winston Churchill


Soka Gakkai International - San Francisco Cultural Center



Spring is coming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!