Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Nov 22

We had Thanksgiving with our friends, Jonnie, Katie and their family, in Fremont. It was my first Thanksgiving turkey and pumpkin pie and finally experienced one of America's tradition. My Pangga and I stuffed ourselves silly and were happy for it. MMMMmmm. Great cooking from mother Thornberry.


...first Thanksgiving turkey


...dinner table beckoning ; with our friend, Jonnie

I brought Filipino cooking with me, one of my Pangga's fave: lumpia. I was hesitant at first but Pangga said they would love it as much as he does. ( Blush). To my surprise, he wasn't wrong! Katie, her sister Tessa and their mom loved it so much, my lumpia was a sellout before dinnertime. Wow! So, I promised next time to bring more and teach them how to make it.

We spent the night in Fremont and watched movies when we went back to Jonnie and Katie's home. Katie and I woke up at 6 in the morning to check out "Black Friday". I thought it was part of the holy week, hehehe. I was confused since Lent has already passed. Katie told me that the day after Thanksgiving is called "Black Friday", where almost everything's on sale (up to 50% off). It was called that because stores open as early as 4 in the morning.

Whoa! She wasn't kidding. When we got there at 6:15 in the morning, some were already done shopping! I didn't buy anything though, but I'm sure to do it next year.

After shopping, we went back to mother Thornberry's house to have breakfast. The turkey leftover on hot turkey soup was Delicioso! Yum!


...Jonnie and Katie with new golden retriever "Curtis"; Katie and her sister, Tessa

We had an awesome Thanksgiving!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!