Thursday, October 4, 2007

Musing

It's been awhile since I've put my thoughts into writing and it finally overflowed today. I've finally reached my limit of just staring into space , crying my eyes out and/or ride out my depressing imaginations in dizzying speed.

I allowed a recent failure to immerse me in bouts of depression. I didn't want to drown so I struggled upward with the determination to leave the "feeling-sorry -for-myself" routine. I'm aware that I have a penchant for melodrama but there is a part of me that doesn't want to put up with it anymore. I'm not saying I am safely in the beach yet but I'm treading towards it.

It is a continuous struggle but when I stop to think about it, I'm not that unfortunate. I have still full use of my physical self. What of those physically challenged: without eyesight to appreciate the beauty of the world; without arms or legs? What about those who have no home, no family, no food? When I think of these,it helps me realize that what they are experiencing right now is much worse.

I'm fortunate because I have love and support from my partner Eric and from people who care for me and for that, I am very thankful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note. Come visit anytime and have a fabulous day!